Friday, November 25, 2011

Humbug

Usually I get all kinds of excited about Thanksgiving with my family.  We all get together at my Mama Jo's and have a whole day of stuffin our gullets and putting up the Christmas tree and blahblahblah.  Well, Mama Jo has decided to keep the tree up year-round now, so there goes the main activity of the day.  And there's been so much drama in the fam this year (just one thing being that my cousin lost custody of yet another of her kids, and my uncle has tried to say, "It coulda happened to you, Angie!" like I let my toddler play in the mud alone, don't bathe her, and let my boyfriend cook meth in my home--yep, I sure am lucky they ain't caught me!) that it just ain't fun to be around them any more.  Everyone's got something to say but no one wants to say it because hey, it's the holidays, so everyone just stays all tense and shit.  Or hell, maybe it's just me, I don't know.

What I do know is that this is the first year in history that I didn't give a shit about spending Turkey Day with my kinsmen.

So I didn't.

Besides the fact that I just didn't wanna, I've been feeling like crap lately anyhow.  Hello anemia AND super heavy "cycle" at the same time, thanks for dropping by and making me feel like I'm just gonna fuckin DIE.  Pass the Cheerios and iron tabs, y'all, that's my Thanksgiving feast.

I laid my tired ass up in bed all day, sleeping and crying over everyone who I knew had to spend the day alone or without someone they love, and not by their choosing.  I cried over my dog, again, and my brothers, and my cousin, and BJ, and the babies. . . then all that turned into a major sinusy headache.  My mom got my kids and took them for the day, so they didn't miss out on the wonderful family get-together.  I was fine with missing out.  

And now I wonder if I can get away with doing it again at Christmas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment