Tuesday, May 8, 2012

DIY SALT SCRUB




1 cup salt (or sugar for a less abrasive scrub, for you softies)  Dead Sea salt is supposed to be the miracle, all-healing salt, but I haven't been to Israel in a minute so I had to settle
1/2 cup coconut oil
scented oil of your choice (I used a fragrance oil Moonlight Path-type, because that's the best smell on freakin earth)

Melt the oil in the microwave for about 20 seconds and give it a good stirrin. Mix it up with the salt or sugar in a bowl, then add your oil.  I don't know how much, I just poured it real quick, but I'd say about a teaspoon or so.  Less, of course, if you don't like big smells.  Once I was out of oil and used a few squeezes of lotion.  I imagine you could use shower gel, too.

It's hard to judge the smell at this point.  The first time I made this, I was all, "Crap, this just smells like hot coconut."  Even in the shower, that's all I could smell.  But when I dried off. . . it was alllll Moonlight Path and it was awesome.

Have at it.  Let me know if there's a certain scent you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment