Thursday, June 21, 2012

NO 'POO? NO, THANKS.

So I've seen all this hype about how natural shampoo is soooo much better than commercial brands.  You know what?  It's crap.

And I don't really get why they call it "no 'poo."  I mean, it's still shampoo, it's just not store-bought, sooo. . .yeah.

Anyway.

I tried

this one  http://bathnbody.craftgossip.com/diy-homemade-shampoo-2/2011/02/07/

and this one http://budgetsavingmom.com/2011/04/11/cheap-easy-diy-shampoo-and-conditioner/

and this one, too http://onjustacoupleacres.blogspot.com/2011/04/all-natural-hair-care.html

And they all suck.

Every one said to give it a couple of weeks.  I gave it 5 before I got fed up.  My hair (longish, thick as hell, and wavy/curly) was nasty from day 1.


There's no lather, so I really didn't feel like I was washing a damn thing.  

It doesn't smell good.

It left a funky film/residue covering my hair and head, no matter how many rinses I gave it.

I couldn't freakin comb my wet hair.

I couldn't freakin brush my dry hair.

I kept it pulled up all the time because leaving it down made it look like I'd doused myself with bacon grease.

When I pulled it down, it stayed in place.

NASTY.

So I went back to my trusty ole cheapy Tresemme.  The first time I washed, my knees went weak.  The lather!  The smell!  The awesome way the comb went through my hair!  I LOVE CHEMICALS AND I AIN'T ASHAMED TO SAY IT!

Screw you, no 'poo.


1 comment:

  1. Angie (Richardson) MummawJune 21, 2012 at 9:16 PM

    Oh, how I love your rants! And thanks for saving a sista some heartache.

    ReplyDelete