Sunday, July 3, 2011

"My Grubby Halo"

Just thought I'd offer a little explanation as to why I cater to this line so much.

It's from Pink Floyd's "Learning to Fly," my all-time favorite song.  It is amazing.  I have loved this song since adolescence, and it's one of those that has always just hit me.

Do yourself a favor:  sit back with your eyes closed and just let this song carry you.

And that line, "my grubby halo," describes so many of us.  Big Munky calls me Angel--to my face.  But I know I'm no angel.  I have tendencies to help where I can, I have a soft spot for innocence. . .but I also have a terrible temper and little patience for ignorance and general assholes.  So, if I do have a halo, so to speak, it's tarnished and dirty.

And yeah, you say the song's about a damn pilot and his plane, it doesn't matter.  It's still my song and I love it so say it's about flying a damn plane and I will throw my shoe at your head.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment