Saturday, August 13, 2011

Skinny Bitches

So, why is it so horrible to talk about someone being overweight, or even a lil chubby, but folks can badmouth skinnies all day long and think it's okay?  You wouldn't say to a chubster's face, "You're so fat, I hate you," so why do people think it's perfectly acceptable to tell someone, "You're so skinny, Gawd, eat something.  I hate people like you"  ??

If you just rolled your eyes and thought, "Oh please, like that's the same thing" then shut up and go away.

Do you think thinner people enjoy hearing people voice their negative opinions on their bodies?  Do you want someone to let you know that they are just disgusted by the way you look because you're smaller than they are?

At work one day, the Big Munky had brought me a Big Mac for lunch.  A co-worker who'd been dieting via Weight Watchers said to me, "Angie, I just want to knock you down and step on you.  People like you make me so sick."

This woman is known to blurt shit out like this, so I took it in stride.  "Wha'd I do?"

"Eating crap like that, eating all the time, and still being so little.  I hate that."

Yeah, gee, thanks?  Was I just physically threatened by a grandmother jealous of my size?  Really?

I replied, "Well, I guess God took pity on me---He made me short and broke, so maybe He made up for it by making me little enough to save money by wearing kids' clothes."

TAKE THAT GRANDMA!  You never freakin know a person's full range of problems and issues.  And hey, guess what?--I HAD AN EATING FUCKIN DISORDER WHEN I WAS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL.  THANKS FOR BRINGING UP MY BODY IMAGE ISSUES AND MAKING THAT A LEADING THOUGHT IN DAY TO DAY LIFE AGAIN.

I get shit like that almost every day.  And the funny thing, I'm really not skinny.  I have a healthy bit of meat on my bones, and even a 3 inch roll when I sit.  So screw you, fatties.

Thing is, folks put so much stock in other people's appearance.  If you really think you're fat, if you really think you need to change, then quit whining, quit hatin on folks smaller than you, and do something about it.  Me, I eat because I like food, it's a comfort to me.  Diets are a big no-no around here.  In fact, diets make me sad.  Seriously.   Don't ever tell me you're on a diet because I will feel so sorry for you that I will be your worst influence.  I will sneak you Ding Dongs and fried chicken.  And that's a promise.  I don't exercise on a daily basis, because there's no time/energy for that shit.  I work at work, I work at home.  I move a lot naturally.  I have sex (yep, not very often, but enough to help--and apparently it does).  I drink.  A lot.  No, not like "drink alcohol til you puke everything back up," I mean drink water and juice and crap all day.

I know one teacher (same one I've bragged on before, a few times) who I thought was pretty hot to begin with.  She obviously didn't totally agree.  She started doing that Zumba madness and running and working the weights and all else.  She's now wearing the same size as me, but she's a few inches taller and so it looks waaaay better on her.   She never bitched about being fat (which she wasn't anyway, but you know how women do), she just went out and did something to improve her life and state of being.  And now she's supa hot.

It ain't that hard to change, folks.  Find you some motivation and will power and get to it.  If you can't do that, then you're really not too worried about yourself, your looks, whatever, so just shut up and quit making others feel like shit for your insecurities and miscomings.

I could start this post again, with boobs as the subject (trust me, bigguns ain't as awesome as you Bs want to believe), but I think I'll let this one sink in first.

No comments:

Post a Comment