Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Goin out for one beer and waking up with a monkey in Bangkok

So I got to be 16 again last night---I went to a training session at work, left at 3:30 or so, and went to see Jesi.

Jesi.  Beautiful, funny, Jesi.  My "sister" from high school.  She taught me so much, made me laugh even more.

So I called home and said, "I'm not coming home"  The Big Munky said, "Okay.  Have fun."

I did.  Oh, I did.

Jesi's daughter didn't want to go with us, said we wouldn't be any fun.  Psh.  Shows what a genius 5 yr old knows, right?  So we went to the theater and the only films showing within :30 were The Hangover 2 and Bridesmaids.  I didn't care too much for the first Hangover movie, because everyone hyped it up so much before I got to see it.  So we opted for the sequel.  Had the theater to ourselves, got to yell at the screen and laughed as loudly as we wanted.  And that happened a lot.

Afterwards, we beered up and visited a friend, then went back to her place and had to sneak in to pee without waking up the kid or the grandma, then sneak back out to drink more on the porch.

I staggered in my own house around 2:30.

I need nights like these, every so often, to remind myself that I'm not that friggin old, that I can still go out and have fun and do things that I used to allllll the time.  To keep up with old friends who I love so much, who can make me laugh so hard. . .  its worth the sore bladder and headaches the next morning.  Yeah, I miss being 16 and being able to go out all night and not feel a thing, to not worry about kids and other obligations. . .but I know that, as an adult, I can still go out and have fun and keep it in moderation so I can still seem like an adult.

But that line of thinking kinda takes the fun out of it.

So, just every now and then, I go out and get stupid.  And I love it.  And then I start feeling guilty and remorseful and sentimental, so I go without for a year or 3.  This time, though, this time I swear to relax and laugh more as often as possible. . .I may just need to set a curfew for myself.

1 comment:

  1. sounds fun....we all need to treat ourselves to a hangover every now and then.I am way over due.lol

    ReplyDelete