Friday, June 17, 2011

YES, I'M SURE IT'S AUTISM. JACKASS.

If you ever meet my child, the Princess, please don't make an asinine remark such as, "Well, she doesn't look autistic" or "I don't see it."

Most people see my little Aspie on outings, where she's interested in the change of scenery and the people whose ears she can talk off.  Yes, she's extremely outgoing and sociable, but she sucks at it.  She has zip social skills.  She can talk to you all day long, but cannot listen to a thing you say, nor will she reciprocate in anything resembling a conversation.

In more comfortable settings, structured and scheduled, Princess is much different.  When given directions contrary to her desires, she has full-on melt-downs and tantrums than can last hours.  During these outbursts, there's little one can do to talk her down.

She's also very sneaky and manipulative.

Getting her to do anything around the house, or to leave when visiting anyone, usually results in trauma, it seems.   Whines, screams, shrieks, physical self-attacks . . .on and on I could go with her negative responses and behavior.  But when she's happy, she's amazing.  So when ignorant jackasses say stupid things contrary to what I know about my own freakin child, I get a bit upset.  It ruins the happy moment I have watching my Aspie Princess in a good mood, smiling and laughing and enjoying life, and reminds me of the rest of the time.

Besides, ass, just because you don't see it, because you don't think the diagnosis is right, doesn't mean that me and her doctors are dumbasses.  We didn't force her to have autism.  I didn't ask for there to be something wrong with my child.  Don't freakin judge me and think you know more than I, her mother.  Even if you work with other autistic children---you're not an expert.  There are no experts in autism.  You may have experience, but each of these babies are so freakin different. . . ugh.

And another thing---she doesn't "look" autistic?  Are you freakin serious?!  What, exactly, is a child with autism supposed to look like???

'Cause this is what mine looks like.


Bottom line:  you know nothing about my children.  Don't look down your nose at me and pretend like you do.

1 comment:

  1. She's such a cutie, Angie. But, you know....I just don't see it, either.

    JUST kidding. LMBO!!

    Comments like that make me want to choke some people. By the way, your princess sounds an awful lot like my 10 yr old Aspie prince.

    Hmmm....maybe we could be looking at a double match up!

    ReplyDelete