Tuesday, June 7, 2011

YO, INSOMNIA---BITE ME

So, school's out for the summer (cue Alice Cooper--you know it's in your head now) and, since I work in a school, I'm out too.  This would be great, considering how much we love hot weather and sleeping in and staying in our jammies half the day. . .except that I have horrible insomnia.  And if I have nothing planned for the morning, then I have no reason to make myself lie down and try to sleep.

Facebook doesn't help either.

And, the boy, Stitch, has adopted my bad habit/debilitating condition.  He's currently doing his psycho chicken shake dance to a Sesame Street segment.  (BTW, Netflix and Wii---best hook-up since Ozzy and Sharon, seriously.)

So, instead of cleaning, like I should be, I've been "productive."  That's my way of justifying spending time and money on yarn and patterns.  I'm on a mission tonight.  I started off with a full skein of cheapo variegated junk, and am determined as hell to use it all up tonight.  So far I've made a pair of legwarmers for a toddler (yep, it's June, it's 2011, I'm not even 30, and I'm makin freakin legwarmers CAUSE THAT'S HOW I ROLL, BITCHES), a case for my camera, and a cute headband (y'know, to match the legwarmers).  And the skein's only half gone.

I'm suddenly very sleepy.

Pics to come!  Good night to all you lucky bastards who get to sleep whenever you feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment