Friday, June 10, 2011

NOM NOM NOM

For those of you who know me (personally or from Facebook), y'all can attest to the fact that I'm all about some  food.  I love me some nom noms.  By all reasoning, I should be a lot fatter than I am, but I can honestly say that God must love me---or else He wouldn't've given me such bitchin skinny genetics.

Food.  Hells yes.

I get more excited about good eats that I should.  I know I worry some folks.

Anyway---if any of you hellions are ever out Tipton County way, take yo asses out to the Bluffs. . .Drummonds, that is.  They have this secret little place called Dakota's Cuisine la Luzianne and they are friggin amazing.  "Mr. Errol" is a damn fine cook, who brought his family up from LA around Katrina's time.  Go in and see their scrapbook on the counter, it will blow you away (heh.  see what I did there?).  He makes all of cajun dishes aww-then-tick-a-lee, and I've before asked if he put some voodoo shit on some of it.  There's no earthly way possible some of that stuff is that good.

I especially love the classics--gumbo, jambalya, catfish, and etouffe. . . oooohhhh, the etouffe. . . ahem.  Yeah.  My all time fave is the catfish Delacroix.  Seriously.  I get more excited about that dish than I do a freezer full of ice-cream AND a cabinet of Oreos.

Their po-boys are huge and stuffed and good God I am running out of words to describe just how effin good this shit is.

The service is pretty amazing too.  They're friendly, easy-goin folk, very accommodating, very comforting.  Tonight me and the Big Munky took the Brood out there.  I said I was becoming close to having an affair with the catfish delacroix so I needed to try a new plate.  Couldn't decide, so I asked for a surprise.  Dayum.  A plate of cajun sausage and shrimp pasta came out. . .by the end of the meal, I was slouched in my chair, head lolling to one side, stuffed and satisfied.  And they gave the Brood free cake.

I love that place.

On facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000881621169

Directions: http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&pc=FACEBK&mid=8100&where1=5754+RICHARDSON+LANDING%2C+Drummonds%2C+TN+38023&FORM=FBKPL0&name=DAKOTAS+CUISINE+LA+LUZIANNE&mkt=en-US#bGlkPXluODE2eDEzODc2ODc3


No comments:

Post a Comment